Monday, October 26, 2015

htc dream - G1 Unable to get past android boot logo


I have a T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream), this morning it vibrated once and then restarted, it then went to the android boot logo went through that and stopped at a black screen.


I've tried pulling the battery and restarting but it has the same problem.


The phone is rooted but it has NO custom boot screen, boot loader, rom. It has stock everything apart from the ability to use root.


Running Android 1.6


Anyone any suggestions, I intend to take it back to T-Mobile tomorrow night when they have late opening hours, but I'd like to get it working before then.




Answer



Have you tried doing a factory reset (you'll lose all data)?


Steps to do a factory reset are found here.



1. Power off the G1
2. Hold Home Key + End key for 20
seconds or until you see a "triangle with an exclamation point
and a picture of the G1"
3. Open the QWERTY keyboard and hit Alt+W
4. Restored!


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...