Thursday, October 29, 2015

Corporate Exchange Email Won't Send (stuck in outbox)



I have a corporate sync account set up to sync my work calendar, contacts and email. I had some trouble setting it up, but once I got it set up it worked just fine for a couple of months. Then about a week ago it stopped sending emails. I can still receive emails. Also, the internet still works on the phone. Gmail still works. Sending and receiving calls and texts still works. But when I send an email it gets stuck in the outbox.


I have tried removing the corporate sync account and adding it back. I have tried restarting the phone multiple times and doing a manual refresh each time. I have tried various combinations of security settings (Use secure connection and Verify Certificate). Nothing helps.


I can't believe no one has asked this yet! Based on the forum posts I have read, it seems like a common problem. Is there some solution waiting in the wings?


[Droid 2 w/ Froyo]



Answer



The first thing I'd suspect is that a database used by the Email app is corrupted. To fix this, you need to go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, find the Email app, and clear the data for it. (If you see anything like "Email Storage" be sure to clear the data for that as well). Then re-add your account and see if that helps.


If that doesn't work, I recommend asking your company's IT department if they have changed any settings for the Exchange server recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...