Friday, October 2, 2015

4.4 kitkat - How do I clear clipboard contents on Samsung Galaxy Tab S?



I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet running the official non-rooted ROM based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Sometimes i copy-paste sensitive data (like passwords etc) that i would prefer to disappear from the clipboard once i'm done using it. So i was looking for a way to clear clipboard contents on demand.


I've tried looking for existing answers to this question, but most of them share the same misconception: that clipboard can only hold a single element, and one should copy something new into it to clear what's been there before. It's not true in my case. For example, look at the screenshot from my device, it shows something i would call a "clipboard panel" that contains eight of the most recently copied elements. This panel appears to be the only way to actually clear the clipboard contents, i.e. the 3rd party apps like Clipper or Clipboard Contents can only clear their own copies of clipboard but never the system one.


Unfortunately, getting access to the clipboard panel is a somewhat convoluted process for me. It can be accessed via Samsung Keyboard (which i don't use in favor of SwiftKey) or via some other apps, but not in a straightforward way.


So my question can be summed up to two items:



  1. Is there a way to clear the clipboard contents other than with help of the clipboard panel?

  2. If not, then is there a way to access the clipboard panel directly, e.g. via a shortcut on the Home screen?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...