Monday, August 15, 2016

How to load kernel module with Magisk root but without custom kernel?


I am having a really hard time finding anything about this on Google which is not from 2011. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. I have rooted it with Magisk without TWRP, i.e. no custom recovery or custom kernel. I want OTA updates without having to delete everything on my phone just to update, that is why I use Magisk without TWRP.


What I need is drivers for my WiFi adapter TP-Link TL-WN7220. I know that to be able to install a driver into the kernel, that means a custom kernel and then you would not be able to have OTA updates which defeats the above purpose.


My question is, is there a way to load a driver, even if it is temporary like loading a kernel module on Linux? On Linux this does not require a reboot, can this be done similarly on Android, so I will keep my stock kernel but still be able to run the WiFi adapter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...