Monday, August 1, 2016

android emulator - Feed an image to Genymotion Camera


Context:



I use WhatsApp on Genymotion. Chatting in the WhatsApp via Genymotion is fine, except, I wish to enable the WhatsApp web too, so I could free myself from bringing up the genymotion window all the time, instead, could just have all in my host machine browser.


To enable WhatsApp Web, it requires to scan a QR code generated on the web.


What I want to do:



  • Open web.whatsapp.com

  • Take a screenshot, crop the QR code only

  • Make the image available in Genymotion

  • Feed that image into the preview camera, which would be in turn available when I bring up the WhatsApp Web activation in WhatsApp.

  • The WhatsApp app would then think of the feed as coming live, thus enable the authorization.



Summary:


I wish to feed an image to show in the Genymotion camera preview. How do I do that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...