Monday, August 8, 2016

4.2 jelly bean - With the Android 4.2 camera app, how can I tell if I have a GPS lock?


My Galaxy Nexus has just been updated to v4.2 of Jellybean, Google seem to have totally changed the camera app in this update and there's a few functions that I just can't find.


As I'm travelling a lot at the moment, I like to make sure that most of my pictures are geo-tagged so that I can work out where I was and when later! As I'm not in my home country, I have data disabled to save on extortionate roaming charges, so most of the GPS-Assistance functions don't work and GPS locks take longer than normal.


Previous versions of the Android camera app have had a small icon near the top of the screen in the camera app that flashes to indicate that the GPS is searching for a lock, that then turns solid when a good GPS lock is achieved. There doesn't seem to be any similar icon in the built-in camera app in the stock GED version of 4.2.


Is there any way that I can tell if the camera has achieved a GPS lock before I take a picture?



Answer



You can press the right soft-key (switch application soft-key). The application switcher in Android 4.2 includes the notification bar, which shows if there´s a GPS fix. You can press the right soft-key again to return to the camera app.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...