Tuesday, August 30, 2016

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Tethering Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110) via Nokia E71


I have a data plan on my Nokia E71 phone, and I would like to share it for my brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110) which has no 3G. Bluetooth would be fine as would creating a WiFi hotspot, however so far I haven't gotten any method to do the trick. Even wired by USB would be fine, if it just worked.





  • On the Nokia E71 I have JoikuSpot installed, but stock Android ICS does not work with the ad hoc network that it creates. I rooted the tab and tried installing different versions of wpa_supplicant that I could find, but none of them really worked on this tab.




  • I have paired the devices using Bluetooth, which appears to work fine – however, I don't know how exactly I could get connected to the internet. I believe there is something obvious that I've missed here. If I need some app (in either end), please tell me which app. (I guess it basically does not work because Nokia does no PAN while Android is ignorant of DUN, but I might be very wrong.)




  • I don't have any cables that I could use to connect the devices by USB or similar, but if a working solution exists, I would be happy to buy some. (I've already used many many hours for this.)





EDIT: I no longer have the Nokia phone, nor the Samsung Tab, so I cannot really test the suggestions posted here. As far as I am concerned, this question can be closed. (While I do understand that any answers might be helpful for other people, I still cannot test whether they work or not. Therefore, it also does not make a lot of sense to accept any answer, does it?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...