Saturday, August 6, 2016

4.4 kitkat - View disk utilization / activity


Is there a way in android to view the disk usages of apps as they are running? I currently suspect that one of my applications is writing to the disk a lot which is slowing my phone down. I am looking for something similar to the windows performance monitor that can show disk reads and writes by programs.



Answer



Perfmon, is a paid app that fits that well and is AFAIK the only app that gives these kind of details (closest to Windows performance monitor), for app running in foreground. It creates a floating window to give details about





  • CPU

  • Disk I/O

  • Network I/O



I especially like the CPU capacity usage, which takes into account all the cores present and calculates, "effective usage". This coupled with RAM usage effectively helped me weed out some battery and memory hogging apps


Edit: I was searching for a similar approach using command line but nothing turned up


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...