Monday, August 29, 2016

applications - How can I find app name by UID?


In "battery history" I have found that the app with UID 10058 is using a lot of battery.


How can I find the name of the app with UID equal to 10058?



Answer




Android assigns each application a UID (User ID) at install time; unlike PID (Process ID) which is transient and keeps changing all the time, UID stays constant as long as the application is not reinstalled. The UID should be unique to each application, except when the application explicitly requests to share a userid with another application (there are security restrictions around this, the two applications must be signed with the same private key, i.e. comes from the same developer).


These applications claims to show UID of applications:



EDIT:


Try looking at /data/system/packages.xml (you need root to view this file), each installed application should have an entry there. Say, I have Adobe Reader installed in my phone:










My phone have assigned userId="10034" to Adobe Reader.


For applications that have requested to share user id with another application, say Handcent:









then the attribute you're looking for is sharedUserId="10064"


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...