Sunday, August 28, 2016

https - How do I install a user certificate?


I have my own Root certificate that signs user certificates.


I have a site that will only allow you on with a user certificate which is signed by the root ca.


I have managed to get this site working in Ios and Windows, but just can't get it working from Android (4.2.2)


I have tried many different methods of importing the certificate including converting between formats - I get as far as it being recognised and "installing", but, it never actually seems to get installed or be visible anywhere (checked under trusted credentials > user).


I have read here and the only solutions seem to involve downloading/modifying files and reuploading then restarting - or to have modified firmware/similar.... I really want a supported way of doing this and don't really want to consider a hack as I need a scalable solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...