Sunday, August 7, 2016

samsung galaxy s 2 - How to get rid of "SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem" notification


My Samsung Galaxy S II phone crashed and after I restarted it, there was an SD card notification icon that says "SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem" with the only option of formatting the card.


However, the contents of the SD card like photos taken or videos is accessible just fine UPDATE: the card seems to be corrupt, at least it's not visible from my computer. I'll try formatting it.



Answer



SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem means your SD Card has corrupted data.


The only way is to get it normal is to Format it.


Now what about the Data on SD Card ?
If you are using Linux Machine then there is something called TestDisk. Install it on your PC. Now connect your phone with SD Card inserted to you PC. Run TestDisk and follow the options that it shows. Backup the Uncorrupted Data to your PC and format the SD Card from your Phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...