Monday, August 8, 2016

reboot - Android boot-up messages for debugging?


I am trying to figure out if Android (i.e. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and/or Motorola Xoom) come with some sort of capability to produce a "boot-up" log. (kind of like Linux boot-up screen) It would be immensely helpful in figuring out how far one's phone gets in the boot stages before it crashes (such as first-stage bootloader, main bootloader, then kernel loading, etc.). Does anyone know how to enable the phone to spit out this log file or enable a "verbose" boot-up mode (and print actual messages to the terminal of the Linux computer you have the phone connected to)?



My phone gets stuck in a "boot-loop" with my current modified build and I would like to debug it if possible.


Alternatively, anyone know of any useful resources or tutorials that explain how to easily "hack" the phone to do this (no messing with the hardware)? Or of any forums where my question may have been asked but in a more obscure form?


This has been a frustrating problem of recent, so any help would be greatly appreciated!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...