Friday, August 5, 2016

Unable to confirm installation on program from unknown source


I have a few programs I want to install that come from "Unknown sources" (The latest Humble Bundle to be precise).


When trying to install the application, I get the normal "Do you want to install this application?" followed by the list of permissions required.


At the bottom, I can either "Cancel" the install, or proceed by pressing "Install".


Unfortunately, in my case, the "Install" "button", is not a button at all. It's a completely inactive text, and no matter if I tap it multiple times in different locations or long press it, it reacts in any way at all. Cancel works fine.


I've tried disabling the setting allowing installation from unknown sources and re-enabling it, and I've tried restarting the phone. Neither helped.



I've tried several of the humble bundle applications, and the issue is the same with all of them. Since the confirmation dialogue is a part of Android, I assume the issue is unrelated to Humble Bundle.


Android APK confirmation dialog



Answer



Turns out this was caused by Twilight, which had an option that can fix the install issue.


With "Auto-pause in specified apps" ticket, and "APK Installer (button fix)", the problem goes away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...