Friday, August 5, 2016

Set global proxy in Android



In order to provide safe browsing, I want to set global proxy to route all http/https requests from any browser to my proxy server on both WiFi and 2G/3G networks for non rooted Android devices with OS version 2.2 and above.


After categorization, proxy server will send response to browsers.


I have seen so many posts in SO also, but nobody has explained for Mobile networks(2G/3G). Please inform whether there is a possibility or not at all? If yes, please suggest a way. If anybody have idea, please share your thoughts.Thanks in advance.


Thanks, Gopi.



Answer



There are several proxy apps available to accomplish something like that. Though most of them require root access to the device, not all do (I have not tested any of them, so I cannot tell in detail).


However, a different approach might be checking into VPN apps, as that's pretty much what you targeting: a Virtual Private Network, where your server acts as a "checkpoint". Many of those VPN apps do not require root access, but many also use a dedicated VPN provider. Still, the linked lists should contain a working solution for you.


Disclosure: the linked lists are maintained by me, to provide you good "jump-points".



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...