Friday, August 19, 2016

Droid Explorer file manager not showing files


I am using Droid Explorer (WinXP 32bit) to access my 2013 Moto X - XT1053 (Anroid 4.4.4). But the main file explorer doesn't seem to be working. "/" is shown, but nothing else. My device is bootloader unlocked and rooted. Seems like adb commands are not getting through. I have the SDK installed as well as the official Motorola usb drivers.



Answer



For Droid Explorer to work correctly, you have to meet the following criteria:



  • Rooted device (which you said you have)

  • ADB USB Drivers (if on Windows)

  • USB Debugging Enabled

  • Busybox installed (I think this is where your problem is). You do not have to use the version of busybox that I linked to, but it is one that is updated frequently, and easy to install.



The console plugin, in 0.8.8.11 is very buggy and fails with a lot of devices. I have been working on an update that will be released soon (0.9.0.0) that will make the console more stable and work with any device, as long as the device meets the requirements for Droid Explorer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...