Sunday, December 23, 2018

wi fi - Decrypting wpa_supplicant.conf on Samsung Galaxy mobiles


When I do cat on wpa_supplicant.conf file on Samsung mobiles, I see that the passwords are encrypted. But when I open the same file on LG mobiles, I can see the passwords in plain text.


This is what I see on my Galaxy S5. The information below is for my network which has a WPA password 77807780 (psk is the encrypted passkey):


network={
ssid=""
psk=fce6c4f64304b00c5783199bbd2b1f91
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

priority=10
frequency=2462
autojoin=1
usable_internet=0
skip_internet_check=0
}

Is this a feature on Samsung mobiles? What kind of encryption is used to encrypt the password and how to decrypt them?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...