Friday, December 14, 2018

wi fi - How can I fix the Wi-Fi button or prevent Wi-Fi errors when turning it off and back on?



Sometimes after I shut off Wi-Fi using the button inside the notification bar drop-down, I can't turn it back on with that button. Hitting the button does nothing, it's not even highlighted. When I go into Settings -> Wireless and network -> Wi-Fi settings the status under "Wi-Fi" shows Error. If I click "Wi-Fi" to turn it on from here, it usually turns on without any problems. Occassionally I have to reboot to fix it.


Is there a fix I can use to make the TouchWiz Wi-Fi button work the same as enabling/disabling the Wi-Fi in Settings? Or, ideally, is there some way I can prevent the Wi-Fi from getting into an error state when I turn it off and back on?


I have a Galaxy S Vibrant running 2.2, but this has been reported on other Samsung phones as well (example).




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...