Thursday, December 27, 2018

system - Is possible to make symbolic links in the android filesystem? (and how?)


Is possible to make symbolic links in the android filesystem? (and how?)


(My Android version is 2.1 , I'm using Motorola Defy.)



Answer




Android does support symbolic links, but certain file systems (e.g. FAT or RFS) do not and you cannot create symbolic links in those partitions. If your device uses a filesystem that supports symbolic links (e.g. ext2, ext3, ext4, yaffs2) then you should be able to use ln -s from the Terminal Emulator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...