Saturday, December 22, 2018

How to stop Time Warner cable search on Firefox for Android?


I went into about:config and have the following:


browser.search.defaultenginename
Google


browser.search.official
true

browser.search.order.1
Google

keyword.URL
https://www.google.com/search?p=


And still, when I type in the search bar, it pulls up Time Warner Cable Road Runner search instead of Google. It looks like only if I have more than 1 word does it decide to use google -- maybe using only 1 word means I type a malformed URL? How can I fix this to use Google as a proper search engine?



Answer



Your issue is not related to Firefox but to your internet provider (Time Warner Cable). According to this site, it "hijacks" your browser's default DNS resolution failure behavior (also known as "404 page"), redirecting you to Road Runner.


Following this site instructions, you just have to go to Road Runner's preference page and disable the Web Address Error Redirect Service option then save.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...