Sunday, December 9, 2018

rooting - How to fix "Unable to mount storage" error while trying to root xperia phone?


In order to root a Sony Xperia XA phone (using an Ubuntu computer and USB connection) I follow the steps described here until step 12. First, I am not able to select Micro SDCard. But I am able to copy the zip file to the internal storage of the phone. But when I try to install it (step 13), the process soon stops because of an error displayed on the phone:


Unable to mount storage


How to fix this? What am I doing wrong?


Addendum: I managed to copy the zip file to an SD card and to start the installation from there. No error occurs, but no installation either; the phone is still not rooted...




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...