Saturday, December 29, 2018

usb debugging - How do I configure ADB for the Samsung Galaxy Y?


How do I configure ADB to recognize my Samsung Galaxy Y? I have installed the USB driver. but when I run adb devices it does not list anything. Following are the steps I followed.



  1. Declare your application as "debuggable" in your Android Manifest.

  2. Turned on "USB Debugging" on your device from Setting->applications-> development


  3. I have my Google USB Driver installed.


    I use windows 7 so to install driver I did these



  4. Connected my Galaxy Y computer's USB port


  5. Right-click on Computer from your desktop or Windows Explorer, and select Manage

  6. Select Devices in the left pane.

  7. Locate and expand Other device in the right pane. Now I just don't see my device listed there I am new to the forum and cannot post images so here's the link for the screen shot what device manager looks like


http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/66454912/file.html



Answer



Is your USB Debugging mode enabled? Go to Settings->Applications->Development, and check the "USB Debugging" mode. This will help the ADB detect your device.


You may refer to the Android Developer Documentation: Using Hardware Devices for further information and details.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...