Saturday, December 8, 2018

2.2 froyo - Performance of Android 2.2 vs. earlier versions


One reason that I haven't switched to Android in the past is that it has seemed sluggish when I've tried phones that run it. I see that Google claims performance improvements of 4x to 5x over previous versions, but those numbers are based on benchmarks, not on real-world use.


Does anyone have any information about how Android 2.2 affects typical smartphone usage. Not just making calls -- scrolling through a long contact list, reading emails, browsing the web, navigating photo albums, playing games? Ideally, a side-by-side comparison of device X running 2.2 and an earlier version.



Answer



This page has a couple of benchmarks that compare not only a Nexus One running 2.2 vs. one running 2.1, but also includes iPhones and the iPad. In both cases, the Nexus One running 2.2 outperforms the 2.1 version by over 2x.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...