Saturday, December 29, 2018

8.1 oreo - Android System WebView is disabled and cannot be changed


I updated my Nokia 8 to Oreo 8.1 beta, and while going through some settings, I noticed that Android System WebView is disabled by default, and cannot be changed.


Why is it disabled?



Answer



Even though I noticed it only now, the change was introduced in Android 7 Nougat itself. Chrome will take over its place.


Read beeshyams answer for further info.


If I go to apps manager and disable Chrome, then the Webview app is automatically enabled, and can be updated from Play Store.


If I enable Chrome, WebView is automatically disabled again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...