Sunday, December 23, 2018

music player - Mp3 not showing in library



I spent an hour trying to get this to work so I could get some sleep in my noisy hospital bed last night.


I wanted to listen to some noise on loop. I downloaded some waves lapping type music.


It's on my internal SD and is an mp3.


Clicking the file in Astro browser doesn't open the file in a player fully but only a popup preview window. It's in the foreground, doesn't offer many controls and stops playing when the focus is removed.


Searching for the file in all 3 of my players doesn't result in anything, even after a restart. I have also tried a SD card rescan utility from the play store.


Music apps I tried were Fusion, Bubble UPNP and the Samsung Music App. All of which seem to rely on some internal media index. Frustratingly I can't simply browse to the file from inside the apps, I have to search the library.


It should not take an hour and a post to here to figure out how to manually play a simple file, added to my phone in such a way.


It would be great if it were like Windows or osx and allow the user to "Open with... ", and then select the app. I know you can dig in and change this, but it's a more permanent solution for a temporary requirement.


Anyway I must be loosing my mind:)


How can I add this file to my library from within Android or otherwise open this file in a full player to make use of controls like loop etc?





Update from a comment on an answer:


It's mp3, and plays in the popup player just fine. Perhaps the tags are corrupted and somehow blocking it from appearing in the library. I tried an mp3 tag utility and it can't see the file in the folder. So perhaps it is corrupt in some way.



Answer



As already suggested your files are most likely wrong tagged or not tagged at all.


In order to be recognized by apps relying on meda scanning, mp3 files need to contain at least a valid "title" id(3) tag.


On linux you can check your file with the tool "eyeD3" which can be installed on debian based distris from the package: eyed3


A simple:



eyeD3 /path/to/mp3/file




should give you all id information.


If there is no title tag you can tag by:



eyeD3 -t yourtitle /path/to/mp3/file



If you push this file now to your device and perform a reboot it should be recognized by the media scanner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...