Monday, December 10, 2018

adb - Repair bricked Nexus 9


During an OTA update the tablet went into a boot loop. I let this continue a few times until I was fairly certain it wasn't going to resolve itself. I never had a reason to unlock the tablet or use ADB so I never enabled those options from the developer menu. I am able to see the device from a PC using fastboot, same from my linux laptop. When I attempt to flash anything I get permission issues, same with the oem unlock command. ADB devices shows nothing, so I'm not sure if there's a way to update or sideload something or if I'm just screwed.


I've done a good amount of research and found people who have said they were able to sideload, but I'm not sure if ADB is like the unlock option -that it has to be enabled from inside the OS? (Aside: Why would they do this?!?) Unlocking isn't an option it seems, so are there any other workarounds people are aware of? Is there a way to unlock or enable ADB from the recovery menus?


Note: need help Nexus 9 stuck in endless reboot loop does not work for me as fastboot sees the device, but ADB does not.


Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the worst flagship device I've ever used and seriously has me considering an iPad... With much angst. I just can't believe a device that is less than 2 years old that gets bricked on an update, that I would have to pay to repair and not have a tablet for weeks. Just not acceptable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...