Friday, December 28, 2018

rooting - Root the Samsung Infuse (i997)


Does anyone know how to root the Samsung Infuse (i997)? I have tried two methods already:




  • Visionary

  • Samsung One Click Root


Visionary simply doesn't work, while the Samsung One Click Root manages to push the update.zip to the sdcard, but the Samsung recovery rejects it based on signature verification failure, as it is the FroYo supplied recovery.


I am hesitant to try Project Voodoo, because I'm afraid to brick the device with a non-compatible Odin tar image.



Answer



SOLVED:


While the rageagainstthecage exploit is not working with the Infuse, you can root it with the psneuter exploit. Easiest way to do it is with the SuperOneClick application.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...