Saturday, December 8, 2018

sms - Can I merge two, or more, separate Titanium backups


In this case I'm looking to restore SMS messages from Titanium.



I have made a backup of all SMS. Then I started on a new ROM without restoring SMS. I then made a new backup of the current SMS.


Is it possible to combine those two separate backups so that when I restore I will get my SMS from both backups?


As I understand, if I restore one backup, then I restore another backup it will not combine them but rather write one over the other.



Answer



This is more like a manual job, but can be done.


With Titanium Backup PRO/Donate version, you have this feature (compare versions here):



Backup/restore SMS, MMS, call log, bookmarks and Wi-Fi networks in the portable XML format!



You can combine both SMS backups into a single XML file format and restore it to your phone all in one. Afterwards, perform a backup like you usually do, to have it all together.



Ps: Will probably require you to go back and forward, but here's a guide:



  1. Backup to XML the existent SMS on your device;

  2. Restore the old SMS to the device;

  3. backup the old SMS to XML;

  4. Edit both XML files to merge them;

  5. Restore all back to your device.


You can refer to Titanium Backup website to collect more information or to request support from the developers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...