Saturday, December 22, 2018

cyanogenmod - How to restore IMEI and get back network functionality?


Related, but no solution: How to restore my IMEI on Galaxy S if I don't have a backup of /efs?


My IMEI has turned blank after a nightly update, I can see it is blank when typing *#06# and I have no GSM functionality. Also baseband version is unknown.


I do have a backup of the /efs directory. I have restored the contents. But even before restoring, I checked the md5sum of the mps_code.dat file, and it was the same as the backup, so I didn't have my hopes up.


Nevertheless, I did a full overwrite of the contents with my backup. Rebooted, no change.


I have also tried to do a factory reset, reinstall Cyanogenmod, two different versions, wiped cache, Dalvik. Remove the battery, SIM card, USB cable.


I am willing to install the stock firmware, if I could find it, or patch the modem firmware somehow. Where should I go from here in a situation such as this one?





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...