Sunday, December 13, 2015

keyboard - How do I remove an incorrect word from autocorrect?


To begin with, I've tried in futility to search everywhere else on the internet to fix this, so I'm asking here now.


I have a Nexus 4 running Android 4.4. Sometime within the past year, DONT started appearing as a word in my autocorrect options. IIRC, it began appearing immediately after an OS upgrade (I'm thinking the 4.3 release).


Screenshot:


enter image description here


I do not have DONT in any user dictionaries on the device. I have exhaustively searched all user-level language/dictionary settings and cannot find this anywhere. It's really annoying because it takes over the default correction of don't, so I just end up looking stupid.


(Here is my personal dictionary listing [one item redacted]):


enter image description here


If DONT were here it would be between Catan and Dropbox


Is there some other/hidden location where dictionary/replacement text gets stored? And/or does anybody have another suggestion for how to get this stupid word removed from my device?




Answer



I fixed it! The trick was to clear the cache and data for Google Keyboard.


Settings => Apps => ALL* => Google Keyboard => {Clear Data, Clear Cache}


* Be sure to go to ALL instead of RUNNING. The instance under RUNNING will not give you the correct data clearing options.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...