Friday, December 4, 2015

5.0 lollipop - How to activate Google now voice commands from the lock screen like siri?


I just switched from an iPhone, and I want my android to have the same behavior as iOS where you hold the home button, and siri starts listening.


With my android, I have to wake up and unlock the device, then hold the home button to get to the google now screen, then I have to either say "okay google", or hit the microphone button.


This process takes way longer and makes voice commands in the car unsafe, which is primarily what I used siri for


Please any help would be appreciated




Answer



On my Samsung S6 this is how I did it:


settings > personal > lock screen and security > info and app shortcuts > app shortcuts > left shortcut > voice search


Now from the lock screen I can drag up from the bottom left and google starts listening.


note: Unfortunately if you have a password lock, you have to unlock the phone before it will answer your question.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...