Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Gmail app: how can I change the sender address?


I'm using Gmail for all mail related stuff, but the main address I use is not my "real" Gmail address, but something like myname@mydomain.com.
I have set up that adress as a sender in Gmail, so every mail that I send from the Gmail web app looks like it's coming from myname@mydomain.com (instead of myname@gmail.com).


So my question is:
Is it possible to use this sender adress in the Gmail Android app as well?
All mails sent by the Gmail app are sent from myname@gmail.com by default and I can't find anything in the settings to change that to my alternate address.
(as I said, it's already set up and working in the web app...the Android app just needs to access this information somehow...)


My phone is a HTC Wildfire with Android 2.2, and version 2.3 of the Gmail app, if that matters.
Thanks in advance!




Answer



When composing the "From" is a dropdown menu. It has all the accounts you've added via the webmail interface, and it's had this feature for a long time (you shouldn't need to upgrade).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...