Wednesday, December 23, 2015

6.0 marshmallow - How to uninstall or replace Joy Launcher?


This morning my Android mobile started asking for permissions for a "Joy Launcher" app that I've never seen (or at least noticed before). This appears to be an official app from the manufacturer.


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tct.launcher


I also found this article indicating that Google recently discontinued their Google Now Launcher, but I'm uncertain as to whether this has any bearing on my situation.


http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/03/google-will-discontinue-google-now-launcher-coming-weeks/


My biggest concern is that it's suddenly asking for unneeded permissions. It seems unusual to me. I haven't been able to disable it. Can anyone shed some light on what's happening and/or any insight as to how I can remove or replace it?




Answer



I ended up disabling Joy Launcher and installing another launcher of my choice. Joy Launcher can be removed from the startup items using any startup manager. I very recently switched to the All-In-One Toolbox app, since the Startup Manager app I mentioned above in the comments has gone flaky lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...