Sunday, December 6, 2015

Running a tasker task via SSHDroid (or adb shell)


I'm trying to run a tasker task manually from ADB Shell, via SSHDroid. I'm running the following in putty (Windows SSH client):


am broadcast -a net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK -es task_name Silent


On which I get:


Broadcasting: Intent { act=net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK dat=Silent } Broadcast completed: result=0



However, despite the existence of task "Silent", nothing happens. Could it be because SSHDroid doesn't have the net.dinglisch.android.tasker.PERMISSION_RUN_TASKS permission? If so, how can I fix that? If not, what else can be the cause?


Thanks!



Answer



This was solved thanks to Bossman's awesome proxy APK. Install it and then run via SSH:


am broadcast -a pl.bossman.taskerproxy.ACTION_TASK --es task_name TASKER_TASK_NAME_GOES_HERE


It works flawlessly :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...