Thursday, December 17, 2015

How can I get the Amazon Appstore to stop re-installing applications?


Whenever I install an app through the Amazon store, I usually set my phone down while I wait for the download, and pick it up afterward to hit the "Install" button when the OS prompts me. Sometimes I won't do this immediately.


It seems that the Appstore assumes the install failed if it wasn't completed within a certain length of time, and tries again. This is fairly short (a minute or two) and sometimes it might be hours before I go back to my phone. Until recently this wasn't a problem; I'd either just hit Install twice, or Install once and Cancel once, and move on.


Now, however, the Appstore seems to get stuck in a loop. No matter how many times I hit Cancel or Install, it just repeatedly asks me to install the app. I have to kill the Appstore and/or reboot my phone, ruining any other updates I have queued. Then I have to wait for them again, and I'll probably forget about my phone for a few seconds too long and run into this issue again.



Is there any way to make the Appstore behave reasonably?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...