Monday, December 14, 2015

root access - How do i open a text file from a terminal window from within the android gui



I'm trying to open a text file from within a terminal window emulator -- but not so it opens in the actual terminal but more like I've just clicked on it.


So my question is: What command can I use to open /mnt/sdcard/textfile.txt from a terminal window emulator from ROM Toolbox Lite within the Android GUI so that it will open with any one of my text editing applications? Will I need to run su before I can run what ever command? I'd prefer not to, but the device is rooted so I can run su.


Im using Android version 4.0.4




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...