Friday, December 18, 2015

sync - Transfer all Contacts in Phone and Sim to Google Contacts




Possible Duplicate:
How to move phone contacts to Google?




I am using my New Samsung Galaxy Y mobile phone. In My Contacts, I see that some are in SIM Memory, Some are in Phone Memory while others are in Google Accounts. In the Import/Export Option, I see Import/Export to SD card and Import/Export to SIM Card.


I want to copy all my contacts in phone and sim memory to my Google Account. How do I do that? Is there any way to do it rather than doing it manually?



Answer



Posting the answer given by Niall C. in How to move phone contacts to Google?


This is the simplest way that I found to do it with my Samsung Galaxy S:


From the main Contacts screen, hit Menu, then More, then Import/Export, then Export to SD card. Connect the phone to the PC and mount the phone's SD card as a removable drive. Open browser to GMail, select Contacts then Import. Select the file on the phone's SD card, then Import. Voila! On the next sync, they're back as my phone as Google contacts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...