Saturday, December 5, 2015

Fail in restoring whatsapp chats


I followed the steps below to restore whatsapp chats:


1) on my old phone, I backed up my chats to SD card


2) Insert the SD card on the new phone



3) Moved the whole whatsapp folder to the new phone from the SD card


4) Install whatsapp on new phone and register and then it said there is a backup file founded, asked if I would like to restore it.


5) I clicked restore, so whatsapp processes.... for around 1-2 minutes, whatsapp quits itself, prompts "Unfortunately, whatsapp has stopped"


The whatsapp version on both my old and new phone is the same..


So how can I restore my chat history? Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...