Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Manually lock device in Android 5.0 Lollipop


I have just upgraded my Nexus device to Android 5.0.1 from 4.4.2 and I can't find a lock button. Previously, you could tap your picture in the setting pull down menu.


I'm not asking how to set a lock timeout or how to have it lock when I turn the screen off/push the power button. I know how to do that and usually I don't want my device to lock when I turn the screen off. However there are times when I know I'm going to step away from my device and want to explicitly lock it without having to wait for the timeout.


Is this a feature they have entirely remove with 5 or is it just hiding?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...