Saturday, December 12, 2015

unrooting - Root detection by server or app


Many banks and video streaming services don't allow root on Android devices.



My question is



  1. Is it the app itself that detects root and refuses to work at some stage (for example by refusing to call the associated internet service)?

  2. Is it the internet service that somehow directly or indirectly probes your device to see if it is rooted and if so instructs the app to disconnect or display some error message?


I guess this might interest people for which the app Hide Root doesn't work with some service providers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...