Saturday, December 26, 2015

Nexus 5 front camera not working


Yesterday my front camera on Nexus 5 stopped working. It doesn't show up in any app (& there's a bug in the new Google camera app - I can switch camera only if the HDR+ is on, but then it's stuck on "Can't connect to camera'). I'm out of options, I already tried: deleting cash, reinstalling camera, safe mode, factory reset... - nothing worked. Anybody got another idea how to get it working? Thanks in advance


Threads I found: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/6RVMvPaF80s https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/MATebxlFYyA



Answer




I found a solution: If you don't have a RMA option like me, it's possible it can be fixed with just disconnecting and reconnecting the front facing camera.


Try deleting cash, reinstalling camera, safe mode, factory reset, etc. before doing this. Proceed at your own risk!


As shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPuCmfhzgbg)



  1. Remove the back of the phone (beginning of the video).

  2. Unscrew the top plastic plate (7:15 - 8:10).

  3. Disconnect and reconnect front-facing camera flex cable (13:43 - 13:57).

  4. Put everything back together and you're done.


Viola! I hope it helps someone.



UPDATE: It stopped working again and this didn't help anymore. I had to buy a spare part and according to the video above replace it. The repair was succesful though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...