Sunday, April 26, 2015

root access - How does su regulate app permissions?


I seen a lot of apps in the market that give superuser functionality to applications. However there is a pre-requisite of rooting your phone. I am curious how a rooted phone has those permissions already?


I've downloaded the source code and have managed to locate the su.c file that might invoke an application to change. But im still not sure. Can anyone give an insight on this?



Which actual files delegate permissions? Are all system apps given root permissions at startup?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...