Sunday, April 12, 2015

localization - Problems with changing the default country in Google Play Store


I need help regarding changing my country on the Google Play Store. I tried everything from hard resetting my phone to changing all the details in the settings but it didn't work. I changed all my Google Wallet details to the US address, even added a US-based payment method, set the US address and payment method as default, then I tried clearing the cache, purchasing an app using the new payment method. I even did another hard reset, but unfortunately for me, nothing has worked so far.


I would be really grateful if you guys could offer me some help regarding this problem.


Please don't redirect me here: How do I change the Google Play country?


I tried that already but doesn't work for me.


Unfortunately I also can't root my device (Xperia Z Ultra) since root is not yet available for it and I am using a Mac.



Answer



Okay guys, so after nearly a whole day spent searching for ways to make this work I have finally, finally made it. So here's what made it work for me. I did everything mentioned in my original post, then I gave up with my google ID and made a new US based google account. Removed the old google ID from my device, did another hard reset and then logged in with my new ID. The US play store worked fine for a while with Tunnelbear for vpn, but then it went back to my local play store, and then started to crash repeatedly until it refused to open anymore. I was then fed up and put back my old google ID and removed the new one that I had just created, and guess what. Tada! It logged me into the US play store without any trouble. No need for vpn or any other fix. It's been working fine since, and fingers crossed it will forever.


So, what you have to do is log out of your current google ID, log in from another (new) one, and then remove the new ID and log back in from your old google ID. Make sure that before logging in with the new ID, update all your google wallet and google account details with US address, payment and phone number on your old ID.


Hope this was clear. Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...