Tuesday, April 21, 2015

usb - Adb says "Error: Device offline" everytime


Please see this question for background information.


Problem:


Whenever I run adb devices it says Error: device offline - This appears even when no device is connected at all. It won't even let me start the adb server. Therefore solutions like "run adb kill-server first" won't have any affect.


Things to note:




  • This is adb on another android device. I can not "re-install the android SDK platform" or something like that. It took me a long while to find the ARM binary for adb that works.

  • From googling around, I suspect it might be that the adb binary is outdated, however it seemed to work recently for other people on XDA-devs. If anyone can provide me with a newer version of adb as a binary that will run on an ARM platform (android), I'd be happy to try it out.

  • Yes, I do run adb as superuser (root). Other commands (like adb --help work).


The tablet runs android 4. The phone runs android 7 but that shouldn't matter since even without anything connected I can't even start the adb server on the tablet.




Edit: Using the adb binary from here solved the error, but presents me with this now:


# adb devices
List of devices attached

* daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
** daemon still not running
error: cannot connect to daemon at tcp:5038: Success


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...