Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Is Samsung Galaxy S II rear camera Gorilla Glass too?


is Samsung Galaxy S II rear camera Gorilla Glass too?


It sticks out a little above the case, so I would like to know if it's durable enough not to need to buy special case which, obviously, makes the phone thicker.



Thanks!



Answer



Unfortunately it is not, my Galaxy S II already has a lot of little scratches on the camera "glass", and unlike in my old HTC Desire phone, GSII doesn't have extra "glass" in the back plate to protect the actual lens. So when it gets scratched I cannot just exchange the backplate :(.


I treat my phone very gently, so I'm very surprised to see the lens having some many little scratches :(. Clearly in GSII the lens is way too unprotected and near the surface when you place it on flat surface.


As a extra step, I bought case-mate "though" case to add a bit more space between the lens and flat surface. Although the lens is scratched all the pictures seem to be just fine. Phew...


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...