Tuesday, April 28, 2015

5.0 lollipop - How to root Samsung Galaxy A5?


I have Samsung Galaxy A5, SM-A500H running Android 5.0.2, downloaded from here. I want to root it.


The only root available right now AFAIK, is CF-Auto-Root, as described here for example. But this root breaks everything. All the apps stop running when you reboot the phone and you have reinstalled the firmware, it doesn't work.


Is there another way to root my device?



Answer



I've recently used Kingroot, installed without computer assistance (downloaded the .apk with the device browser via wifi and installed from the device's internal storage), to root a device so obscure I haven't seen a single reference to any fixes, custom ROM, or even version upgrades: the Visual Land Prestige Elite 10Q tablet. Kingroot took about ten minutes to run, including rebooting the device, and the only thing I don't like is that I have to hold the tablet in portrait orientation whenever I use any Kingroot function, because it doesn't recognize screen rotation.



Obviously, I haven't tried this software with a Galaxy A5, but it should be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...