Saturday, April 11, 2015

rom flashing - How to flash a ZIP file with Odin?


I can't boot my Galaxy Tab 8.9 / P7300 anymore, but Odin still detects a USB connection. So I'm trying to flash a new ROM onto it using Odin. However all I can find on the web are ZIP archives containing boot.img, META-INF etc, while Odin apparently needs .tar or .tar.md5 files.


Can I convert one into the other, or is my idea completely wrong?




Answer



.zip files are generally flashable from recovery, Odin's .tars are indeed a completely different format. If flashing a kernel you can convert them relatively easily (thought I won't get into it here) but it won't work for a whole ROM. You'll need to find an Odin package. XDA is your best bet, but see also: Where can I find stock or custom ROMs for my Android device?


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...