Thursday, April 9, 2015

4.2 jelly bean - reply with a different account - multiple email accounts


I have an Exchange account, e.g. hub@domain.com, that I forward all my emails to from all my other accounts. But I need to reply to these messages using different accounts, e.g. reply to a work email with me@work.com - how could I do that in Android?


Default Email App in 4.2.2



Hitting reply on an email in my hub account does not let me change the account to send the reply with (e.g. work account). I can go to my work account and compose a new email there and copy paste the original email and subject and receivers manually, but that is cumbersome.


TouchDown


Only supports Exchange accounts, but no IMAP, which I need to set up my other accounts.


Solution?


Is it doable



  • With the native app would be best solution (is there anywhere to submit feature requests for Email app?)

  • With any other email app that I have not tried?



Answer




K-9 Mail allows to choose the "from" mail address when composing a message (or replying to a received message). Click the "from" address field and a pop-up menu will appear which allows you to choose the appropriate account.


K-9 supports pop/imap/exchange(via webdav) accounts.


Pictures for illustration


compose window:


compose window picture


account chooser:


send as


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...