Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Is there a way to check who is connected to my Galaxy Nexus hotspot


I would like to be able to check who is using my phones hotspot, it was simple on my Droid 2 since the Motorola app much like the one shown in the answer to How do I check who is connecting to my hotspot? however I don't see a version of this screen with the galaxy nexus.


Update: Looking for a non-root solution




Answer



Install Wireless Tether app (free) if you are rooted. It features Access Control. Means, you can use it to allow/deny ad-hoc clients for mobile data. Ofcourse, for this.. it'll need to display connected clients.


And, it works with Galaxy Nexus LTE!


Update:
You can use Fing - Network Tools, too. Its clean way for your task.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...