Wednesday, April 29, 2015

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Tablet won't connect to any WiFi network anymore, always shows "saved"


My tablet will not connect to ANY WiFi network anymore. Everything was working perfectly for about a month. But now, the WiFi icon has disappeared, and every time I try to connect to a network it simply shows "Saved." I figured maybe it was an issue with my network, so I went out and tested it with other WiFi connections. It can scan and detect everything, but the same thing happens while trying to connect to anything. My Nokia phone and laptop are able to connect to everything perfectly, but the tablet will not, even to the networks which it has previously connected to.


Things I have tried:



  • Deleted all networks by using the "Forget network" option and tried connecting again.

  • Tried "open" type networks without any passwords.

  • Rebooted the tablet several times.

  • Done a factory reset, twice.

  • Tried to analyse logcat data.



Here is a screenshot: enter image description here


I also tried connecting to my laptop using Ad-hoc (with the laptop using a wired ethernet connection and transmitting it to the tablet wirelessly) but no use.


As you can see in the screenshot, the WiFi icon which turns blue and gray is GONE from the notification bar. It never shows up anymore. And the "Saved" result is what comes up every time I try to connect to a network.


I switched the WiFi on and tried connecting to the network while logcat was running, here is the text: http://pastebin.com/9pUba6Tt


The D/CommandListener( 79): Clearing all IP addresses on wlan0 is what happens every time I attempt to connect to any network. Always the same thing.


I have gone through dozens of XDA threads and such with this issue. Many people have gotten the "Saved" problem, but it's only been for people who have UPDATED to ICS 4.0.4 from Gingerbread or something. My tablet CAME with ICS 4.0.4.


P.S: My tablet is a cheap one, it's a Ubislate 7C+ from Datawind.


ANY help would be really, really, appreciated. I've been trying to fix this for about a week now. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...