Friday, April 17, 2015

sms - How do I turn off auto-complete when texting?


Does anyone know how to turn off the auto-complete feature when texting?


Sometimes I just want to text and not have my device try and tell me what I'm thinking. Other times this is OK, but I just want to turn off the autocomplete sometimes.


I looked in the phone settings (not very hard I guess...) and I didn't really see anything to allow this.


Anyone know how this is done?


EDIT:


I am using a Droid X.



Answer



The following works for me on an HTC Incredible. Hopefully your settings are similar.


Settings > Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input > Prediction. You should be able to un-check Prediction.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...